ONE YEAR AFTER DAVE RAMSEY

It has officially been one year since my husband and I went through the Dave Ramsey classes. We really enjoyed the classes, Dave's teachings, and listening to his show. However, not long after the classes ended the Dave excitement began to ware off as most things seem to. We lost our gazelle intensity and didn't snowball our debt as we probably could have. Even through losing the excitement we managed to make a HUGE dent in our debt along with some other pluses. We refinanced our house, saving 4% I believe in interest and only financed for 15 years. We had birthday parties, went to Branson and Family camp in Lufkin, and paid cash for Christmas. All of these Dave would have said NO to doing when you still have debt. We view these type things just a bit different. These areas of our life made memories in our minds and hearts to last a lifetime which was worth more to us than throwing a chunk of money on debt. Anyway, at the end of one year after going through Dave classes our numbers tell us that we reduced our debt by $21,029.75 and we had fun also. All you Dave Ramsey fans, DON'T GIVE UP! You can be debt FREE!!!

5 comments:

  1. WOW!! That's awesome! Congratulations on the debt reduction!

    And... I agree with you about making those lifelong memories. These years with your kids go by too fast to not make the most of them.

    Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah to yall! We have also done a lot of stuff Dave wouldn't approve of (birthday parties and trips), but keeping on going is the most important thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on all your hard work and dedication. That is awesome! I love Dave Ramsey! He is an inspiration, but I don't do everything he preaches either. We use a credit card for almost all purchases, because I love spending my free rewards!

    My husband just got the mail in and we got your picture card! Thanks! LOVE the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to say that we pay the full balance on the cc each month. We ARE NOT running up debt!
    Been there, done that, will not happen again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is great! I hope ya'll will go back through it again in March. I can't wait to go through it. I agree you can still make memories and not go in debt. And I don't know that i can every give up that discover card I like my free money I get. I pay it off every month. Our free money usually takes care of Christmas

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger