Dwelling on the Word of God

Every since Sunday I have found myself dwelling on the word of God that was ministered to us in Sunday School and Sunday night along with the incredible move of God that we had. Brother Andrew did an awesome job talking about the parable of the sower, and asking us, "what kind of ground are we?" Pointing out that we can make the decision before we go into the house of God what kind of ground we will be for the word of God to fall on. It just has me thinking about it all in a new light. Then Sunday night our pastor encouraged us to stretch forth for the miracles and harvest God has for us. Anyway, with me finding myself dwelling on the word of God we heard, I must say it was a total battle on Monday. Doesn't it seem to be for most of us, LOL? Monday was an awful day for me. If the kids could be bad and in as much trouble as possible they did it on Monday. The little ones pushed me in every way possible it seemed, and it felt like I was getting on them every time I turned around! The day did not go the least bit like I imagined it would go. Plain and simple it was just a bad day for me. I was even emotional, LOL! The thing that I kept thinking about this was, that it was stupid, I had not felt like this since I was pregnant with Colten or right after having him. I asked myself several times where is this coming from. Somehow, through it all I found myself dwelling on the word from Sunday every moment I possibly had to do so. Then last night lying in bed, I thought, this is exactly what the devil wants to do to all of us. If he can get the first day of our week totally off focus from the presence and word of God we here and feel on Sundays then he is happy. He doesn't want us dwelling on the word of God we hear on Sunday because this then means that the seed fell upon good ground, because the more we focus on God's word it is going to grow in us and make us bear fruit. We must all strive to be good ground and be ready to fight on Monday anything the devil would throw in our day to distract us from the word of God we hear on Sundays. This same thing applies for Thursday as well after hearing the word of God Wednesday nights. Satan wants us to be distracted every moment possible from the things of God. We must be ready to fight to keep our minds on the word of God, and what he wants to do in our lives and in our church. We can not let him distract us!

4 comments:

  1. Amen! That is so true, it seems like we should just bounce out of the bed Monday morning singing and shouting just like we did on Sunday! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are so true. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the kids were ok today...
    I wish I could have stolen them again We had so much fun and they were no trouble...When ya'll get back I'll have to take them again!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger