THINGS THE KIDS HAVE SAID

Last Tuesday night on the way to clean church, Breann asked, "whats that place?" Told her it's the John Deer Place. We pass this every time we head into Wichita and it is the first time she ever mentioned it. Well nothing else was said until on the way home! Which we are now on the other side of the highway and she states, "that place is silly." I ask why? She proceeds to tell me, "cause they don't got no windows and doors on those cars." I just started laughing and told her they were tractors not cars. So then she tells me, "that place is gonna close cause we don't go there." I was laughing! Then on down the road she ask me, "why did the police put you and daddy in chains." I'm like what are you talking about. She tells me again, those police had you and daddy in chains. I'm asking her about this one and she could tell me no more just ask me the question. I don't know where that one came from, LOL!

Last Wednesday night I ask Haiden if he had asked Brother Andrew & Mandy for a donation for his quiz trip and he tells me no. So I'm like why not, and he tells me, well let me say he looks at me crazy "like mom" don't you know, "because they have been gone so long and I just figure they probably don't have any money, plus they are going to Sea World in a few weeks." He may have said, "if they have any money they probably need it for Sea World." Can't really remember what else he said for sure but something like that.

Last night after church we went to Walmart to buy water and snacks for the Branson trip. Before we ever went in Walmart the kids were saying they were hungry and "starving to death" as Ryan always says. So we told them they could have some of the snack stuff we get for the trip when we get home. We let them pick out stuff and my husband and I picked out stuff. Just want to say that we don't usually buy much snacking food much less keep it in the pantry. I just figure if I buy it I'm gonna eat it and I don't need to eat it, LOL! So we get home we are all having a little of this and a little of that and the phone rings. It is Austins mother, and he says, "guess what we are doing, we are gluttoning." He continues on to tell her Pastor Holley preached about gluttoning and how it is like sin and we should be holy and modest in everything we do. My husband and I just look at each other and laugh! We told him it was a good thing we didn't do this kind of stuff in our house all the time or we really would be indulging ourselves.

Tonight I was sitting in bed talking with Ryan. He likes to talk a lot! He tells me that Chad and Cameron pick out there on clothes. I'm like, okay! I still pick out his clothes so I know what he is thinking. Then he says, jeans and black shoes look tacky. I said, "you think so." He tells me yeah! He then says Cameron just wears black shoes and jeans and it looks tacky. I just laugh! Then he tells me if I could wear black dress shoes and jeans I would. I ask him why you just told me you thought it looks tacky. He says, "I know but I would just do it if I could pick out my clothes like Chad and Cameron." Talk about being influenced! No offense to Chad and Cameron for their style clothing, this is all from a 4 year old, who obviously has two new role models in mind, LOL!

7 comments:

  1. I'm ALWAYS amazed at what comes from the mouths of babes! They say the cutest things. I absolutely LOVE your kids!!! Have fun in Branson.....it's a neat place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! Yes these boys do have 2 really cool new role models. Mason and Ryan were pretending to be them at our house the other night. Hey if Mandy is going to sea world before ya'll,if you don't mind bring the cup and bucket and let them borrow it. Unless ya'll are going together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea Julie, but you'll have to help me remember. Think they may be going after VBS, you'll have to ask her, I really don't know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Kids are so funny! So, are you going to let Ryan be "tacky"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! Bro Triplett and I got a big kick on our end of the phone about "gluttoning" as well! Tell Ryan that Aaron has been wearing black dress shoes (with SQUARE toes - no rounded toes) and jeans for a few weeks now, "cause that's what Martel does." So, yes, our little ones are looking around for a role model. Do you remember Austin being very verbal about what he wore when he was Ryan's age! You have fun days ahead! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I love it! Kids are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger