PICS FROM CAMP MEETING

Well I finally feel rested up enough to make a post from Camp Meeting. I was surprised at how drained I was this year from it all. Not getting to bed til after 1 in the morning for 5 nights in a row was pretty rough on us all. We stayed in Jasper for the weekend to get some visiting in with our family and Chris brother got married at Midnight Saturday. We didn't get to bed til after 4 on that Sunday morning, and then didn't leave Jasper until 7:30 Sunday evening to head back home. Needless to say we had a long tiring trip home and made it in at 3 o'clock in the morning. I don't know how my husband got up and went to work cause I slept til 1 o'clock and felt awful when I did get up. Oh, anyway, enough about the lack of sleep! We had Punkin keep Breann and Colten, and just the rest of us attended camp. We knew Ryan would love it and he did! He was preaching about stones yesterday morning. Don't remember if his message aligned with Brother Grahams but he remembered the stones and had his own message going. I want all my children to have a desire to attend special camp meetings like this and to just love the house of God. Oh, and how Brother Graham got down to that thought of mine. Friday night did speak to me the loudest I believe and it was about fighting for our kids, and hiding them from the devil. My husband and I hear from various people all the time about how we can't shelter our children forever. I can't tell you how many times I've thought to myself maybe we do shelter them to much, maybe they wont be able to cope with different things when they grow up, should we just let them do this or that. Oh, thank God for a minister like Brother Graham who just flat out told it like it is. Like he said, the problem is that we CAN'T shelter them enough! I just know I'm fighting for my kids soul and I'm looking forward to God using each one of them in a special way. I'm gonna shelter them and their minds as long as I can and make it a point to know whats going on in there life. If Chris and I have anything to do with it our children are gonna be hid from the things the devil would want to fill their minds and hearts with, and we are gonna be busy filling their hearts with God's word. The devil can not have my children because they belong to God and they are going to be used in God's kingdom. I just get all stirred up thinking about Brother Grahams message. The devil can't stand the fact that Haiden has learned over 500 bible verses and has been doing this for 4 years, he gets so mad everyday when Ryan wakes up and the first thing he is doing is preaching and worshiping God to the top of his lungs, he doesn't like Breann worshiping and singing with all her heart to God and taking all her baby dolls to church and having church with her brothers, and he sure won't like whatever it is that Colten does, but I don't care! This is what I want to see my children doing. I want them to love this life they have and dedicate it to God. I don't want the devil having pleasure or thinking he's got one on my child if they are on a ball field or at a theater or anywhere that could possible be a down fall for any child of God. Why take a chance, no I can't help it, I'm not willing to give the devil a chance for my children to desire something else more than the house of God. Maybe these are things that are not wrong, but to Chris and I we don't want to give the devil the slightest chance at our children's walk with God. Okay, most people are done reading and if you are still reading you have read enough about all this. So I will stop! Well all the services were incredible and here are a few pics!

5 comments:

  1. Oh girl, I could feel the Holy Ghost in your post! You did a little preaching yourself! Glad y'all got a touch from God, did you buy the CD about hiding your children from the devil? If you did, I'd like to borrow it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post!! I have heard him preach that message it is AWESOME!! If you didn't get a copy I think I have one you can have. It is probably not exactly the same but has the same point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, where's my pic??????? he he

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kassie it is on the way in the next post of pics I do of friends at camp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was wonderful seeing ya'll at Camp Meeting! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger