FRIENDS AT CAMP MEETING

Well I typed out this great post a few nights ago, but then computer had issues and I lost it. So, here I am trying again! One of the biggest highlights at camp meeting for me is getting to see friends and spend some time with those you don't always get to be with. It was so wonderful to be able to get together with Andrew, Mandy and the girls for just a moment at camp. It was refreshing to visit with them. It just seemed as if it had been FOREVER since we seen them, especially the girls! I guess when your used to seeing such a beautiful family at church on Sunday and Wednesday you don't realize how big of a light they shine until they are gone for so long. It was very exciting to see quiet a few people from our home church of Center. We miss everyone there so much and it is always great to go visit or see the people from there. It was an honor to be able to have lunch with Kassie, Priscilla, Kim and Joseph from our church in Wichita. My husband and I both agreed after leaving that we enjoyed being around them all because they make us laugh, of course in a good joyful way. It is always good to be with people you can cut up with, and these are the people for that, LOL! I must say the moment I looked forward to the most was being with my best friend from high school, Ashley. She is the won who shared this wonderful truth with my husband and I. Some of you may remember me asking prayer for my friend Ashley at times due to her not being where she needed to be with God, but I can say now that her focus is now where it needs to be and she is serving God to the fullest once again and I can't explain to you what a joy that brings to my soul. It the past seven years we had not had much of any contact with each other due to the situation, but at camp meeting it was just like old times being together. It seems as if those seven years never once separated us. We picked up wherever we left off and I'm thankful to God we were able to that. Hope you enjoy the pics! (I forgot to take pics when we were with folks from Wichita, sorry. I did get one of Kassie and it is on here by request,lol)


3 comments:

  1. I loved seeing pictures of you and Ashley. I'm happy to hear that she is on the right track once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome news about your friend! Glad you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina I had to take a double take Bro. Chris' friend Mike looks like my dad....That is funny!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger