A Storm That's Like a Dream

I came to my blog tonight to glance over it and think on making a post. I updated a few things that only took a moment, and then sat as I felt there was nothing to write. I really wanted to update my post seeing it had been almost two years since doing so, but felt like where do I begin or what do I say. As I thought about what has been going on in our lives, I began to think it almost doesn't seem real, but yet like a dream. Here we are in February, and January is over. From the very first day in January throughout the month it was a storm for us. When thinking about this, it came to me, how a storm to each person is different. There are so many things that factor in within the storm, that it affects everyone differently and works different things in there life. At the same time, many different storms bring the same feelings to us all while in them. How we deal with those feelings, depends on whether or not we are seeking and trusting God. There have been many thoughts rush in and out over the past month, and even the "why" & "what are you doing God", but in the midst of all that an unexplainable peace from God is what my husband and I both felt. We laughed, we cried, we talked, we prayed, and knew that God was there the whole time. We don't know why there had to be a mass on my husband's kidney, and how it was so large but never any problems, and why surgery to remove the kidney and mass, and why it had to be cancer, but God does! It was a storm in our lives that God was showing himself strong in our midst. Even on the days when it was hard to think positive, we knew God was there. As I thought of all this seeming like a dream, I found thankfulness in that. Many times when something is like a dream it is because it has been quiet sometime since that happening. Time has caused the situation to seem as if it were never real. I'm thankful to feel like this was all a dream, because I know without a doubt that God was carrying us through it all, and that He still is. When the storm is like a dream, then you feel that it has passed. Thank you Jesus!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Stina, I love your post, it touched my heart. God bless ya'll. Love You, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for all that y'all have gone through recently. I'm so glad we have God! Love you and praying for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So well put. Thankful for a God that is there through it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you so much my friend! Thank goodness we have God to lean on. Your strength through all this has been such a blessing to your family! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger