HAIDEN'S B-DAY, WHICH MEANS....

Well today is finally here, the day Haiden, Dad, & Mom have talked about for months now, his birthday! This has been the birthday that's been anticipated for sometime now, because he turns twelve today. As we all know at Life Tabernacle, this means he is officially going to be part of the youth group! Not being raised in church and experiencing this anticipated day when I was a child, I don't really know what kind of excitement it holds for a young person. I feel excited for him though. I feel like making jokes with him, laughing with him and being crazy because "HAIDEN, YOUR IN THE YOUTH NOW", lol! Maybe a little crazy for mom, but oh well. I think about the memories he will make over the next 6-8 years of his life, the challenges he will have, choices he will be faced with, becoming more of what God wants him to be, and I can't help but be excited. This also means that we as parents will have many challenges and things to learn in parenting as well. I'm so glad that we will have God to help us learn through it all! It is hard to think about letting go, and him being off with other people on various trips, but I know we must let him spread his wings and fly so to speak. He just seems so young, and he is, lol! I will say I'm glad he is our first to learn these things with. No one is perfect, but there are some days my husband and I joke about Haiden being the perfect child. Up until this point he has been easy to teach and train. In so many little things about him I am constantly reminded of the miracle he was in my life 12 years ago, and still is!

4 comments:

  1. You are blessed to have such a good youth group for him to be joining. Happy Birthday, Haiden!!
    -Lynda Seymour

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will be an awesome young man as he already is and when you can't see,I'll be your eyes. You and Chris will be great with his new adventures as he becomes this young adult. great parenting makes a great child! Love you all!!!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Haiden! You are a wonderful person, and now in the youth group!!!! Yaaaayyyy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love to see how much he has grown. Both you have done an awesome molding, and guiding him in his life. The time has just fown by Stina. YOUTH!!!!! OMG I can still remember when he would dance in the isles at church...... Love from Jasper

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger