HOLY GHOST BIRTHDAY

Well today February 11th is my Holy Ghost Birthday so to speak. Exactly seven years ago today God filled me with the Holy Ghost at an altar of repentence. My friend had invited us to Revival in Center, Tx and we accepted the offer. When we went I was wanting to repent of all my sins and wanted to feel that tug at my heart. I had felt for months that I was going to Hell if the Lord came back right then. The night before Chris and I got married his uncle a Baptist Minister who married us wanted to talk to us both together. I will never forget he asked if we both felt like we were ready to go to heaven and my husband replied with a yes and then I shocked them both by saying No I was not ready. I think from that point on Chris and I here and there had some conversations about God and Heaven. Many, many nights I remember I would lay in bed thinking God please forgive me of my sins and I would do this every night over the same thing. I just did not feel any different. So anyway we went to the Revival and that morning nothing happened so of course I wanted to go back that night, my husband did not, but someone asked if we would be back and I said yes. Once we got in the car Chris told me very quickly I was not ready to commit to comming back tonight. He was raised Catholic so this was a big shock to him being in this Penntecostal church for the first time in his life. So we went back that night and yes I began to cry and went to the altar to repent and on top of that God filled me with the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking in tongues. My husband stood right beside me holding my hand but sure didn't know what to think about it. I knew right then that my sins were forgivin and that God was real. There was no doubt anymore! I remember on the way home which was an hour drive being so happy and not being able to stop smiling and thinking how I could not beleive God would do this for me and asking my self, what can I do for God now. My husband had nothing to say to me on the way home. It was within days I started digging in scripture and I wanted to commit my life to God after what he had done for me. I wanted to know why to be modest and why not to cut my hair and knew I wanted to live this life for God. Not for anyone one else or because someone said this or that but because I was choosing to give my life to him. Thank you Jesus for filling me with the Holy Ghost and the revelation of truth.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Holy Ghost Birthday!! This Jan was eight years for me, and Billy will be eight years old in June. Just think, you have lived for God for seven years, and I know that it has not been all perfect. Be proud of yourself for standing strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holy Ghost Birthday. Just think now your children will walk in truth. That is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Church has always been my life so it is amazing to me to hear how God works in the lives of people who have never known Him!! Happy birthday and I wish you many more!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome testimony! I love hearing how peoples lives are changed. Like Mandy, this is all I've ever known. It is exciting to see people with a hunger to do what is right. I am so THANKFUL that you and your family found TRUTH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina, thank you for sharing your testimony. It is beautiful! There are so many people who are hungry, just like you were, we just need to find them. Happy Birthday! I love what Lynda said, "Just think now your children will walk in truth!" What an incredible inheritance to give them!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger