Saturday Dinner

-
Today we decided to stay home and Chris would smoke some ribs. Well I never thought anything about it till after dinner, then when I did I could not help but laugh and make a post. I went to Dubya Lynn and showed Chris his post about cooking. He of course thought is was hilarious, especially after our ribs. So Chris decided to smoke these ribs (he has never smoked anything) and put them on around 12:30 knowing it would take most of the day. So he kept checking them and adding "the sauce" so they would not be dry, and kept adding wood to the fire so he could have his smoke. He never had a major fire like some others, just lots of smoke! So about 6:40 he goes out and has no smoke, so he puts charcoal on and cooks them the rest of the way like that. Well the kids thought they were great, I thought they were okay with the exception of a very strong smoke flavor in the thick caked on cooked "sauce" that he kept adding to the ribs, and Chris one minute he would say these are okay, then he would be like man that was actually a good bite I think. So then later he said, "I know you were trying to be nice but those ribs were awful, I think the worst I ever had." Anyway, I guess that's one good thing about a messed up meal is it brings some laughter if you will. Oh, and I sure am glad that spur of the moment invitation to company did not go through, LOL! We had a wonderful day at home and just finished off our dinner with some good ol Braums Ice Cream!

6 comments:

  1. well I guess it could've been worse.. I could've caught the house or myself on fire. Thank the Lord that none of the above happened and that nobody got sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell you what you guys are funny! We tried ribs once
    Imust say againonly once!!! Bro Kenny Frazier is the only person I know who can cook them ribs yummmmmmmmmmmmy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina!!! This is Marisa .....I'm so glad you have this now I can at least see you and the kids even if i haven't seen you in TWO YEARS!! I miss you sis.. Wish you would come visit. You haven't even seen Jace :( He's getting soo big .. I have new pics on myspace I wish you would get one just to keep in touch with your old friends.. we do miss you guys ... love yall

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, this must be like old friends day or something. I had an email from Jessica now a comment from Marisa, and it has been months or years since talking to either one. This has made my day! For those of you who don't know these were two of my 4 best friends in high school. Marisa, give me a call, I don't know if I have your number and mine is still the same. You should plan a getaway trip to Wichita Falls and come see us for a few days. Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your story! That's all right Chris-we'll get Dad to take us out to dinner when we come up for a visit! I don't want you to have to cook all afternoon! Ya'll are too funny!

    Love all of you, kiss my babies!
    Punkin :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger