People Watch Us

-
Tonight my husband asked me if I wanted to go somewhere, and I'm like what do you mean? He said, "you want to go to Ross or something?" I told him I didn't have to and it really didn't matter to me. I think he was trying to give me some time from the children, he knew it was kinda a rough day. So, he dropped me at Kohls and went to get something to drink for them. Well, while in there as walking by this lady says, "I feel like I should know you but I don't." I asked her why, she told me she sees us everywhere. I told her I had never seen her I didn't think. She told me the first place she saw us was Jalepeno Tree, which we used to go there every Wednesday night before church. She said she sees us at Walmart and in Kohls (I have not been in Kohls in probably 5 or 6 months) and that it seemed like she saw us all the time. Keep in mind I don't recall ever seeing her before. Then she went on about our kids and always noticing them. Anyway, I say all this to say people watch us! I told my husband later that it just made me think of oh how careful we should be in how we present ourselves everywhere everyday, not just in our dress but oh in our actions. Just to think this lady has paid close enought attention to us that she recognizes us anywhere she sees us, and I have never noticed her. I will pray for her, I feel like it is not so much of us that she is noticing, but I pray it is the Jesus who resides in us. Oh, God help me to be an example of you to others. Maybe our paths will cross again, and again, and again and the Lord will give me the words to say to her. I'm sure things like this happen with you all as well, but I just get excited about this kind of stuff. I mean I am pretty much at home most of the time besides going to church. So it is not like I cross paths with many people on a daily basis, then when I do get out I can be so involved in getting what I have to get and go back home I don't have time for an opppurtunity God may make between me and some stranger. On top of that I am not one to just start talking to people. I have been praying about that lately though, I pray God will give me a spirit of boldness to be able to talk to strangers beyong the hi, thankyou basic words. I've also been asking God to help me sensitive to divine appointments he may make available with others and for me to be sensitive to their needs. Anyway, just remember people are watching us!

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is such a good post! We have to remember that we are an example to the world of Jesus. What a responsibility we have! This is great that this woman has been watching ya'll, we'll be praying with you for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes what a great post! I had a simillar experiance last Sunday. I took Mason toa b-day party and this lady kept staring at me. I asked another mom who she was and I still did not know her. Finally iwas able to talk with her and she apoligized for staring. She said there is just something about you I can't figure out. You have something about you. then she said My daughter needs to be close friends with you and meet your kind of people. This lady is from amarillo and goes to a church of christ. Her daughter moved here and her grandson was the birthday boy! I have invited her to church and can't wait for the Lord to move! yes people are watching everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger