My Flute

Well this may not be a very exciting post but for some it will be learning something new about me. Every since Sunday School we have picked a song out of the Song Hymnal just about every night and sing it as a family. Haiden and Ryan really like this! It has been fun and quiet humorous seeing how we don't know hardly any of the songs much less how they go. Plus our music talents around here are not the best. Well I have been trying to read the notes and get the right tune and beats to sing the song as close as accurate as we can get it. I have not read music in twelve years, so this got me thinking about my flute that I played in school and wondering if I still had my first teaching booklet to get some tips to help me understand reading the music in the song book. So I pulled the flute and some music I still have down from the closet, and guess what, I still have my teaching booklet that shows the different keys for my flute and meanings for different symbols in music. I got a little excited and started playing around to see if I could remember the keys on my flute. I got most of them, but it did not sound very good! The flute has not been played since my ninth grade year so it needs some tuning, touching up whatever you want to call it. I played a few cheesy songs and would ask my husband do you know what that was, of course he didn't know and he was half asleep already. Anyways, I had fun playing around! It is amazing how something like that can just come back to you when you put it in your hands. I definitely need some practice believe me, but I still have the basics. Well I had fun and thought I'd share my moment of music with you all.

11 comments:

  1. I would get out my old clarinet and we could start a band, but my mom sold it when I gave up band!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your post. i didnt know you played the flute. we should gt together some time....lol.....well i love the fact that you all get together and sing and do whatever else as a family and i love hearing about it also....well i guess ill go for now, ill see you all tonight....I love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey christina i thought that was really cute...i didn't know that u played the flute or was in band. That is really cool that u and ur family do that together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, looky there all the band nerds have responded to a post about a musical instrument. How funny! I see the woodwind section growing??????
    Glad y'all are enjoying the songs and time together singing.
    Make a joyful noise unto the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'm no band nerd, but I was glad to hear about your musical abilities being reborn. I love you guys...the whole singing out the songbook thing is great! I know your children will remember those times for years to come. I was thinking how about a video of one of those wonderful songs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well lets just say we are trying to make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Also, just maybe we could get a little something together and post a video of our humorous melodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I still owned mine I would come and play with you. I haven't played a flute in 18 years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woooo band nerds all the way,lol, thanks Sis.Tammy....i love playing in the band, i love to really get into all the songs and especially learning to play by ear, its quite an experience. Ive played my clarinet for 8 years now and ive enjoyed it so far.I want to learn how to play the piano and the soprano sax, its asnother goal ive set for muself hopefully ill succeed in it. Talk to you guys later, I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes.....yes it is wonderful, i didnt think that id be playing all that long after high school but now that im apart of the orchestra i think ill be playin for a while

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I'm late at getting in on this conversation, but I think it's great to be uncovering your talents! You ought to play sometime in church. Also, I love hearing about your family singing out of the song book. I'll always remember the times around the piano with my family singing. What fun times! I would love to see a video of ya'll singing, as well!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger